The Environmental Protection Agency once estimated that 2 billion razors and refill blades get tossed out in the U.S. each year (1990). A reusable razor has an upfront cost but is less expensive in the long run. Our safety razor is composed of 100% high-polished stainless steel that is resistant to corrosion and made to last. The company has a take-back program for their blades making this a truly closed-loop shaving system!
Twist the bottom of the shaver handle to open the wings of the blade holder. Simply place a blade (be careful it's sharp!) on the platform and twist the bottom in the opposite direction to tighten the blade holder wings over the blade. You're all set to go!
- For MEN AND WOMEN & all shaving needs
- Over-built components for durability
- Zero Plastic Waste
- Comes with 10 free blades, Blade Take Back collection envelope, and hemp razor bag. Black stand pictured not included.
- Can be used wet or dry
- Replacement Blades only $.25 each
- Measures ~3.5" in length (Regular) & ~4.75" in length (Extra Long)
HELPFUL TIPS ON HOW TO USE A SAFETY RAZOR
- Get comfortable holding your razor: Feel its weight, shape, and learn how to put the razor blade in properly (always holding the shorter edges that aren’t sharp). See video below for a quick tutorial.
- Lather up with soap or cream. If you shave in the shower just soap up and shave like normal. If not, use shaving cream or shaving soap and get a nice lather built up.
- Go slow. Hold at a 30-45-degree angle to shave (normal shaving angle). There’s no need to apply pressure, just let the weight of the razor do the work. You’ll need to move with your curves to maintain the angle, which can take a little practice. Do not pull the razor across your face like you would with a plastic disposable razor. Use short strokes, about 2 inches long, especially in the beginning of your shave. You'll quickly get the hang of it.
- Moisturize. This is a close shave, and your skin may be a bit dry after, so moisturize!
- Cleaning and storage: Rinse off your razor when you’re done shaving, and store it in a dry place.
- Replacing the blades: It’s a personal preference as to when you need to replace your blade, but they typically last about 10-15 shaves.
- Blade disposal: See our Closed-Loop, Zero Waste Shopping page for information on how to recycle your blades.
Watch How To Shave with a Safety Razor" tutorial video on YouTube here.
Packaging: Comes in hemp bag that is reusable and biodegradable. Replacement blades and Take Back envelope are recyclable paper and cardboard.
Made in China and responsibly sourced by a small company in San Francisco, California, USA.